Code of Conduct Amended

Look here from time to time for messages regarding Brainformation updates and general announcements.

Code of Conduct Amended

Postby forumadmin » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:07 pm

The Chode of Conduct has been amended to include a guidline regarding the use of profanity in our forums. Item #5 states it clearly. But to summarize, profanity is not welcome in the general forums. The exceptions are those froums which contain the tag "THIS FORUM MAY CONTAIN PROFANITY" in their description.

Private forums, i.e., those hidden from view of by the general membership, are exempt from the profanity policy. Use whatever language you see fit in private.

I expect you all to use your good judgement, and I'm not here to wash your dirty keyboards out with soap. Nobody will be dinged if an occasional cuss word shows up now and again where it is not sanctioned. If it's overdone, we now have a rule that can be used to correct an undesired situation. In general, any thread posted in a no cussing zone that contains more than two occurrances of profanity will a candidate for deletion without notice.

And, just to cover all the bases, the idea of using the word filter has been abandoned.
forumadmin
Site Admin

Postby meadow » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:13 pm

i can deal with that. now, let the games begin!

:good-bad:
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby pilvikki » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:14 pm

can you change the forum heading colours? that would make it simple: blue/purple/red/whatever denotes swearing zone?
Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Yogi » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:25 pm

Interesting concept, but the colors can't be changed for individual forums. Sorry about that.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby pilvikki » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:27 pm

bah!

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby meadow » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:29 pm

hey, Yogi...could you consider like maybe a "casual cussin' zone" type forum? you know...it might have some cussing but not necessarily has to go in that direction. you know for those subjects that aren't really "flamey" or "adult" but have some 'blue words'...all with a warning?

cause sometimes you just want to go "Oh that's f***ing awesome! DUDE!"

which isn't really appropriate necessarily but it's not like it's an angry thing. does that make sense?
"i hope you flip your bike over and knock your two front teeth out, you selfish son of a bitch!" ~Wedding Crashers
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby Yogi » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:34 pm

I can't see how a "zone" would work per se, however, we have added special interest forums as a result of past requests from our members. If you would like to see a forum just for that purpose, post your idea and get a discussion going. Should there is enough interest on the part of the general membership, who are we to not add a special interest forum mandated by the masses?
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby pilvikki » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:41 pm

ok, here's another one:

how about having the free speech zones grouped all together?

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby Yogi » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:45 pm

pilvikki wrote:ok, here's another one:

how about having the free speech zones grouped all together?

I think you have me confused with some other bear on some other web site :biggrin:
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Postby solana » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:46 pm

:D
.fcv/v"
solana
Hero Of The Day

Postby meadow » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:47 pm

uh...am i missing the fact that this whole site is a free speech zone??? or do you mean the "adult content profanity" type forums be grouped together? is that really necessary? we can't scroll???

eh, i'll leave it for now. i'm tired of being attacked on this site enough for the week. maybe next week.
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby pilvikki » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:55 pm

was i talking to you?

Dylan Thomas (1914-53)
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Postby meadow » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:04 pm

i wasn't aware i wasn't allowed to ask any questions, Teacher. i was just asking for clarification. you don't have to be snotty about it. it's uncalled for since i was merely asking a LEGITIMATE question. or is that forbidden by you as well, Teacher?

:roll:
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Postby threenorns » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:26 pm

meadow, this is a classic example: that was clearly an exchange between yogi and pilvikki and your input was neither warranted, desired, nor meaningful.

end of lesson.
threenorns
Helpless

Postby meadow » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:40 pm

oh, but yours now is required? i'm sorry, i wasn't aware it wasn't to be questioned and that i was not allowed to ask questions on that. i didn't know you became the Post Police here. isn't that your job on another forum? i'm not allowed to ask someone a legitimate question to clarify what she asked? since when?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
meadow
Outlaw Torn

Return to Brainformation News