Private Messages

This is the Brainformation Site Support Forum. Ask questions about Brainformation and one or more of our gurus will give you the answer. Alternately, give us some suggestions on how to make this forum a better experience.

Private Messages

Postby haysi » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:29 am

Is there any way that you could adopt the feature that other sites have whereby if you have asked to be notified by email when you recieve a new PM, that the content of the PM is displayed in the email notification? It would save the storage that I use in my private message box, as I would just delete the PM from here and do what I do for other sites, i.e. save the email content.

I know that you may not want to adopt the feature as otherwise people need to log on to retrieve their messages and then will normally have a look at the boards.

Hx
"There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on lies and fables.”
J W von Goeth
haysi
Stone Cold Crazy

Postby Yogi » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:32 am

Thanks for your suggestion Haysi. I can't recall being on any sites where the PM content is sent via email, but I like the idea. It does save time by not having to log in to read your messages. Unfortunately I don't know of a way to modify the code here to produce that result. However, we are currently testing the next generation of software for Brainformation, and perhaps it can be part of that coding. Stay tuned for further announcements :biggrin:
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Return to Ask A Guru