A Tool Bar

Software and hardware questions and advice for the novice and the professional.
Damsel

A Tool Bar

Post by Damsel »

Hi...I think the thing on the top is a toolbar? With all the little buttons you can push to navigate the Internet...

What kind of toolbar should my new laptop computer have? Which one is the best? The current one is saving words I type in and although I am the sole user of the computer, I don't want that info saved.

Yogi
Big Kahuna

Post by Yogi »

The only toolbar I use is the one that came with my browsers. I might make an exception and recommend the Google toolbar if you use Internet Explorer. The Google Toolbar can be set to stop pop-up ads. Most versions of IE can't do that. Anything that captures my keystrokes is considered spyware, and I'd nver use it.
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.

Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Post by Bedford »

I like Yahoo's toolbar, because of its anti-spy function. As I use Firefox, I don't need Google's to block pop ups
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.

KIDD

Post by KIDD »

I'm using FF now that I've got the hang of it (except aspell for spell checking) I use the google for FF it some nice features and it has spell check.