Jehovah's Wittness's

This is a repository for classic topics that may have gone past the pruning date, but are too valueable to delete. Suggestions for topic candidates to be moved here are welcome.
AL CARTER

Post by AL CARTER »

MAY BE SOME ONE CAN ANSWER THIS QUESTION SOME ONE THAT HAS BEEN A JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.

The WTS teaches that the 144,000 of Rev 7:4 and Rev 14:3 is to be taken literally. If these passages in scripture are to be taken literally, then the 144,000 are all literally male (Rev 14:4), Jewish (Rev 7:4-8), virgins (Rev 14:4). Was Charles Taze Russell a Jewish virgin? Are all women excluded from this number? Are any of the other 144,000 people included in this number Jewish virgins? If not, then how can this passage, including the number 144,000, be taken literally? What justification is there for switching methods of interpretation from literal, in the case of Rev 7:4 and 14:3, to figurative in the very next verse(s)?
MAY BE BILL WILL ANSWER
dbowiegrl

Post by dbowiegrl »

I'm done with religion.
Yogi
Big Kahuna

Post by Yogi »

Are the Witnesses in particular banned, or christians in general?
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
dbowiegrl

Post by dbowiegrl »

Everything. I grew up as a JW and was kicked out. Experiencing MANY family problems as a result.
AL CARTER

Post by AL CARTER »

I SEE YOGI IS STILL CANFUSED,THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ARE NOT CHRISTIANS,ALMOST NOTHING THEY TEACH IS CHRISTIAN
dbowiegrl

Post by dbowiegrl »

That's funny. I was a JW for 20 years and they are Christian. If you believe Christ died for you and that he is your savior that = Christian.
dbowiegrl

Post by dbowiegrl »

Akajune wrote:I've never met one. Can you believe they are banned in my country?

Yes I knew that they are banned in certain countries, unsure of the particulars.
AL CARTER

Post by AL CARTER »

debowiegrl,YOU ARE VERY LUCKEY THAT YOU GOT OUT IN FACT THEY DO NOT KNOW WHO JESUS CHRIST IS THEY THINK he IS MICKAEL THE ANGLE
3/4 OF WHAT THEY PREACH IS NOT CHRISTIAN.
THEY DO NOT EVEN KNOW HOW JESUS DIE, THE BIBLE PROVES THAT THE JW ARE VERY MUCH MISTAKEN ABOUT CHRIST AND TO THIS DAY CANNOT GET HIS NAME RIGHT.
AL CARTER

Post by AL CARTER »

FOR THE ONES WHO THINK THAT THE JW ARE CHRISTIAN THIS A PASTE I FOUND.

THE JW ARE Like all non-Christian cults, the Jehovah's Witness organization distorts the essential doctrines of Christianity. It denies the deity of Christ, His physical resurrection, and salvation by grace. This alone makes it non-Christian. To support its erring doctrines, the Watchtower organization (which is the author and teacher of all official Jehovah's Witness theology), has even altered the Bible to make it agree with its changing and non-Christian teachings.
Typical with cults that use the Bible to support its position is a host of interpretive errors:

Taking verses out of their immediate context.
Refusing to read verses in the entire biblical context.
Inserting their theological presuppositions into the text.
Altering the Biblical text to suit their needs.
Latching onto one verse to interpret a host of others.
Changing the meanings of words.
Proclaiming some passages to be figurative when they contradict their doctrines.
Adding to the Word of God.
dbowiegrl

Post by dbowiegrl »

You seem to know so much about JW's. Were you one? Because you sure pass a lot of judgement. I started this post JUST to get some friendly opinions. I didn't ask for them all to be good BUT I sure didn't expect for the religion to be repeatingly rediculed.
AL CARTER

Post by AL CARTER »

IF THE TRUTH HURTS I'M SORRY BUT IT IS A FACT THE JW ARE NOT CHRISTIAN,WHAT CHRITIAN GROUP DO YOU KNOW OF THAT SAY JESUS CHRIST IS MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL.
THEY USED THE KJB UNTIL ABOUT 1953 BUT IT DID NOT FIT WITH ALL OF THERE FALSE TEACHING SO THEY CHANGED IT,READ A CHRISTIAN BIBLE AND SEE WHAT JOHN 1:1.
AGAIN I;M SORRY IF THE TRUTH HURTS,THE BEST THING YOU DID WAS TO GET OUT.
HAVE A GREAT DAY.
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Post by pilvikki »

oh look, AL's been resurrected...
van
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by van »

kia ora marjaana

oh look, AL's been resurrected...
:lol:

if that is the case, makes you wonder if it is all worth it! :whiper:

arohanui
shalom
wiremu
AL CARTER

Post by AL CARTER »

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDS WORDS,NOW DO SOME RESHEARCH AND YOU WILL SEE THAT OLD AL IS RIGHT AND THE "TRUTH" DOES SET YOU FREE. HAVE A GREAT DAY.
pilvikki
Holier Than Thou

Post by pilvikki »

that's exactly why i'm planning not to be, bill...
AL CARTER

Post by AL CARTER »

THANK FOR FOR SAYING YOU ARE NOT LOOKING FOR THE TRUTH.
IF WILL BE A BIG HELP TO YOU ,IF YOU SEE THE TRUTH.HAVE A GREAT DAY
Bedford
Holier Than Thou

Post by Bedford »

When I want truth, I listen to 890AM from 11am-2pm
:teach: The Professor Penguin of Brainformation :GF:

<i>"This is the greatest concentration of talent and genius, except for those times when Bedford eats alone.”</i>-- JFK, were he alive today.
van
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by van »

kia ora

ah, now we have that elusive topic "truth"
indeed, i seem to recall pontius pilate asking jc "what is truth"
i also seem to recall he was not answered
truth like so many other things is in the eyes of the beholder

when lies abound on all sides, truth is an elusive subject indeed

arohanui
shalom
AL CARTER

Post by AL CARTER »

VAN, Those who have shied away from thinking things through and therefore from drawing conclusions will be succeeded, in terms of influence, by those who relish mental swordplay and who appreciate it even in those with whom they disagree. Pilate’s question—"What is truth?"—was delivered dismissively, but, taken in another sense, it is the key question for every man. Unless we inquire what truth is, we will not search for it. Unless we search for it, we will not find it. Unless we find it, we will not find him who is "the way, the truth, and the life." In the long run, nothing else matters.
van
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by van »

kia ora andre

Those who have shied away from thinking things through and therefore from drawing conclusions will be succeeded,

ah, at last we agree on something!!!!
what has been handed down thru the centuries has been corrupted by those who would yield influence
conversely there are those who would heed the words of the master only to be dismissed by the likes of you as "unbelievers"

the teachings of jc were easy to follow, in the sense that he drew on everyday occurences to hihglight his message
ie"a fig tree bears not olives" and "if a blind man is led by a blind man they shall both stumble"

it does not take a rocket scientist to draw conclussions from those comments
however there will always be those who will pervert the words and attempt to drag others down to their own sorry level1

as a free thinker, it is not something i am in the habit of doing

arohanui
shalom
bill